Monday, May 10, 2010

May 10, 2010

Derek is being fed intravenously now, and the radiation treatments have been postponed until Wednesday. He is scheduled for chemo treatment, as well, but we'll see if they decide to go ahead with that. They actually wheeled Derek in to receive radiation today, but Dave didn't feel good about it, so he stopped the radiologist. He discussed his concerns with a doctor, who decided to postpone treatments. Derek received some red blood cells and is feeling more alive.


  1. Reading how you and Dave are so up on what is good, what should be done, what shouldn't be done, and everything else that you need to be aware of, amazes me. I hope that I will have the insight and faith to just listen to my heart, listen to the Doctors, and then tell the Dr.'s that this is what we need to do now. What a challenge, and I beleive you have been preparing just for this time your whole lives. Prayers! Always!

  2. My heart goes out to you all right now. Complications and set backs are surely discouraging. Your good attitude in handling them is very encouraging to me.

  3. Please give Derek lots of love and hugs from all of us at CHS. We will keep you in our thoughts, hearts, and prayers.