Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jan 28, 2010

Dad and Derek are up at PCMC for his 3rd treatment. (Only 11 more to go) This time it's a three day stint, and Derek is enduring this much better than last time. They'll be back home again on Saturday. Derek told us that several of his friends visited him two weeks ago when he was at PCMC. That meant a great deal to him. Thanks to the University 7th Ward for the card and picture. It was very thoughtful.
People are always asking how my parents are dealing with this. They seem to be doing O.K. At least that's the way I see it. They are trying to keep an eternal perspective, and they know that this trial will help them become better people.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let the whole family know that you all are inspirations to so many. Your faith is tremendous in the face of so much. I pray for you all and especially Derek. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to see him last night and all he wanted to eat were Lemon Heads and Skittles. So if any of you visit make sure to take some sweet little chewy treats...because that was the only thing that sounded good (although I was digging the Peach Smoothy he ordered).

    ReplyDelete